Tuesday 9 December 2014

TOP TEN TUESDAY - Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2014


This weeks Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke & The Bookish is all about top 10 new-to-me authors of 2014. This year is the year I really got into reading, rather than just reading the odd book here and there like other years. With my new found love for reading came new authors to discover and to fall in love with their books. My top ten (or eight) new-to-me authors this year were...

  1. Rainbow Rowell - I only discovered Rainbow Rowell in April when I read Fangirl and instantly fell in love with her writing and had to read all of her book. Which is exactly what I did, and despite Eleanor and Park (unpopular opinion I know) all of her book were some of my favourites of the year,
  2. Stephanie Perkins - I read all 3 of the Anna/Lola/Isla books one after the other and really enjoyed them.
  3. Melissa Landers - I read Alienated in August and really enjoyed it. I have been anticipating the 2nd series; Invaded as soon as I finished Alienated. Much to my dismay I am still patiently waiting for it's February release. 
  4. Nina La Cour - I have only read one of Nina La Cour's books which was Everything Leads To You and that's all I needed to have read to make her automatically one of my favourite authors of the year. I loved that book so much. 
  5. Huntley Fitzpatrick - I read My Life Next Door over the summer and really liked it, it was a fun, summer read. I really want to read her other book; What I Thought Was True.
  6. Ransom Riggs - Author of Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children and it's sequel; Hollow City, both of which I really liked and can't wait for more in the series. 
  7. Rachel Hawkins - I really enjoyed Rebel Belle when I read it earlier this year and I can't wait for book 2; Miss Mayhem to come out next year. 
  8. Leila Sales - This Song Will Save My Life was one of my favourite books of the year; I bought it on a whim and unexpectedly loved it. So it goes without saying I will read whatever Leila Sales writes and plan to read her other books soon!


Who are some of your favourite authors?


No comments:

Post a Comment