Wednesday 3 December 2014

BOOK REVIEW

                     Zoe Sugg

PUBLISHER: Penguin Books
GENRE: Contemporary
PAGES: 352
GET A COPY: Waterstones/Amazon

"I had no idea GirlOnline would take off the way it has - I can't believe I now have 5432 followers, thanks so much! - and the thought of opening up to you all about this is terrifying, but here goes...

Penny has a secret.

Under the alias GirlOnline, she blogs about school dramas, boys, her mad, whirlwind family - and the panic attacks she's suffered from lately. When things go from bad to worse, her family whisks her away to New York, where she meets the gorgeous, guitar-strumming Noah. Suddenly Penny is falling in love - and capturing every moment of it on her blog.

But Noah has a secret too. One that threatens to ruin Penny's cover - and her closest friendship - forever"

«««

I did have some faults with this book. Firstly, I just felt that the whole plot was a little bit cliché ; going to New York, falling in love in a matter of days with some mysterious guy. I just felt that the romance happened so quick and was so predictable. 

However, I did like the book. The story was cute and I did like how Zoe wrote about Anxiety within the book, from what seems a way that will actually help people reading. I personally don't suffer with anxiety but I know there are many people who the tips she wrote about and the things she mentioned about anxiety may actually help others who do suffer and offer them some comfort and certain things she'd wrote, I've seen her speak about before

"Everytime you post something online you have a choice. You can either make it something that adds to the happiness levels in the world or takes it away from them"

I also liked the characters, they were relatable. I know when I was 15/16 I was always having friend issues and silly fallings out that mean nothing and I can probably remember the falling out more than the actual reason for the falling out.

The ending. I feel that the last few chapters just finished off the story perfectly and it made me happy!

Have you read Girl Online?
If so, what did you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment